Women are from Venus...

Monday, July 09, 2007

Dream of Onsite Preparation

Lemme first start with my tragedy story …
As I have already posted, my visa for USA was ready.B1 type valid for 10years.

Now lemme start with a bgm (back ground music) a bgm for sadness.

It was one fine day in March ...to say exactly March 22nd, when my manager personally came to my cubicle to inform me that I will have to fly the next Friday March 30th. The intended place of visit was Broomfield in Colorado state,USA.

What to say I was not able to even hear the next sentences he was telling to me because of excitement.I was flying on colors. The very next day I was about to go on a week vacation with my parents to my native (Kerala)
I immediately called my parents and my dear and close friends to inform about my trip. The first thing I have to do is to cancel my tickets to my native. Did that as per the plan. The next thing was to prepare a list of things to buy for flying.
Started preparing the list on day1 itself. Lot of rumors and gossips and hype’s in my team about my travel. The most thrilling part was that I was about to travel alone. Actually the house warming of my dream house was commenced on April 23rd.All my friends and relatives were happy as well as upset regarding my travel. Happy regarding my travel,Upset that I will not be attending my house warming.Oops!!! I didn’t take any chance in informing my manager regarding my house warming, since these trips are a dream come true to many.
So I set my mindset for my onsite trip. Called up my team mates in Broomfield almost daily to know the proceedings, the list to buy, the kind of weather and other stuff.

So planned my date for shopping on Saturday.Called up my friends to accompany in my shopping. I, my brother and my friends started shopping .What to say to my surprise I got all things needed to my taste and satisfaction. How cannot that be according to my taste,15k spend on a single day for the trip.hmmm quite a big amount to do shopping that too on a single day.

So the preparation was going good. My friends were adding colors to it, asking me to post more in my blog after going there.To take lot of snaps, what not they were making my imagination much more colorful. But on 28th of May i.e. 2 days b4 my intended date of travel ,I came to know that there are some problem in my travel, since the client I was working for was acquired by another concern, and they stopped approving the onsite assignment at that instance of time….

Oops there came crashing my imagination and dream to an end. But still there was a hope that it might be postponed the next week. But at last it was confirmed, that my trip got cancelled. There came the end of my dream. I was bit emotional (to tell the truth , the whole day when I got the confirmation….But what to do we cannot sit behind and weep all the time…I came back with a hope the next day thinking its for my good….

Yes it was for my good, since my house warming was planned the next month….
Thus my shattered dream to onsite, regained my happiness in attending me attend the house warming of my dream house.

It’s a late post…almost 3 months late I can say. If I would have gone on that intended date, then by this time .I should have returned back…
Anyway thought of posting this at least now :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home